Refuse to Quit





What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the master, Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this extravagant generosity of God. 
Acts 20:24 Message

Have you ever felt like quitting? I have, but every time the pressure is on to back up and give up, the Word I have been putting in me for the past thirty years comes floating up: "We are not of them that draw back..." Hebrews 10:39.

It doesn't take long to resist those hopeless thoughts when I think about what Jesus endured for me. We are told to consider Him, (Jesus) when we feel like fainting and giving up. Jesus was pressured more than any of us to quit, but He pressed on with us in mind! Now it's time to press on with Him in mind! 

We can and will make it to the end! It will be SO worth it when we see the people who were saved, healed, and delivered because of our not quitting! It will also be SO powerful when we see the amazing rewards our Lord has for us as we press on! Check this out:

To him that overcomes, I (Jesus) will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.

To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except him that receives it.

And he that overcomes, and keeps My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father. And I will give him the morning star.

He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white garments; and I will not blot his name out of the book of life, but I will confess him before My Father, and His angels.

Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God: and I will write upon him my new name.

To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.

Revelation Chapter 2 through 3

It will be SO worth it to endure till the end. God will infuse us with His strength if it gets to the breaking point! He is faithful! He will send an angel if He has too so we can be strengthened from heaven, even as He did for Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

Get used to saying; "None of these things move me! I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! Rejoice not against me O my enemy! When I fall I SHALL arise!"

See you at the finish line!

John Cappetto, Pastor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus is in Trouble

Relationship Results